This May, we’re inviting you to see what Maharashtra looks like at night from the Everest of Maharashtra, Kalsubai.
Standing tall at 5400 ft, we certainly intend to reach out to the stars.
Fortunately, a night trek comes with a lot of perks such as trekking under starry skies, seeing the mountains in a whole new light and a whole other natural aweing experiences that we can’t pretty much put into words. The big prize at the summit is the sight of the magical sunrise complimented with the most breathtaking views all observed from the highest structure in all of Maharashtra. Trust us, this is as high as you can get!
Johann Daniels is our Founder of Jack & Hill Adventures.
While pursuing his graduation in Zoology, he found himself passionate about the great outdoors. It was in 2009 that he envisioned about starting an adventure company i.e. and to create a career out of something he loved and was passionate about. This was the moment that led to the inception of the company.
He is also a Certified Mountaineer and one of the country’s handful Wilderness First Responders (WFR) trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International, USA.
Moreover, he is the founder of the Borivali Cyclists Association and also, Bikeshark – The Urban Bicycle Store. You can read all about his adventure expertise in April’s Lonely Planet Magazine India.
– Meet at CST Ticket Counter at 8.30pm on Day 1
– Board local train to Kasara Station and reach Kasara by 11pm
– Reach Kasara by 11pm and board a private vehicle to the base of the mountain
– Reach base at 1am and rest for an hour on arrival
– Begin our trek to the summit at 2am
– Reach the summit by 6am and await the magic of sunrise
– Bask in the sights atop the summit for a brief duration while munching on a light breakfast
– Begin trek downhill between 7 and 7.30am
– Reach base by 10.30am for a grand breakfast
– Post breakfast board the private vehicle back to Kasara Station
– Board train back to Mumbai CST
– Transport from Mumbai to summit & back.
– One light and one heavy Breakfast, Sleeping Bag.
– Certified Trek Expertise, First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
The difficulty level of this trek is MODERATE, however this is an Endurance based trek.
This means the ease of climbing up to the summit is Moderate, however the duration of the trek is long. Participants must be mentally ready to walk for a few hours.
Uphill is approx 3.5 hrs of trekking while downhill is shorter. There will be stops during the trek for rest and rehydration.
If you haven’t been for a trek, you should know that there is a lot of walking. Moderate treks begin to present more of a challenge to first time trekkers. So these treks are suitable for any walker looking for something a little more challenging and energetic. However, we believe that the best views come after the hardest climbs. The payoff is always equivalent to the effort.
At every summit, you are welcomed to the most majestic views & at the end of every trek, you learn that you are taking back home lifetime memories
Limited group size
To maintain A High Quality Experience keeping in mind Safety, this trek has a Limited Group Size.
What to wear
– T-shirt & shorts/full pants is ideal. Ensure that you are comfortable in what you choose to wear and that the material does not restrict your movement while trekking and climbing. Full clothing is recommended.
What to carry
– Flashlight or Headlamp (Preferrable)
– 2-3 litres of water
– Snacks and munchies to keep you high on energy
– Personal Identification
– Personal medication if any
(Please do let us know in advance about any medical conditions, if any)
Booking & Cancellation
50% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled 5 days prior to the event.
100% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is not cancelled within 5 days to the event.
To cancel your booking, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a limited capacity event. In case, there aren’t enough bookings for the same, the event might get cancelled. However, your money will be refunded in this scenario.
In- case of a heavy downpour of rain, , the trek shall continue as planned.
If any of the guests have a medical condition or physical disability of any sort, it must be brought to the attention of Jack & Hill Adventures before booking the activity.